Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Motivation for the mind... body... soul

Over the last couple of months I have been hard core into making myself better, but I have found that I need that extra bit of motivation to keep me going.  Pinterest has been a great tool for finding music to help me through workouts, easy and healthy meals, and some at home workouts. 

After utilizing them until I was blue in the face, I thought I would check out some other avenues and I have found a couple of really helpful tools.  The first place I checked was my phone.  I have it with me wherever I go and I knew there were a lot of apps out there.  So I thought there had to be some sort of motivational app.  

And guess what?  I found one!  If you have an iPhone, as I do, you can install this app for free.  What is it called you ask? Lift - Daily Motivation. Some of it's features include: Step-by-step coaching, marking your progress with a single tap, support from friends, and much more. 

I use Lift for tracking my workout days, blog writing, reading, study time, and drinking more water.  They have fitness, lifestyle, productivity, health & diet and more.  

The other source of motivation is a little off the beaten path.  You all may know of a site called theChive.com.  This site is mainly for males.  But what you may not know is that there is a sister site geared toward females called theBerry.com.  Every day they post 25 pictures with motivational phrases.  Every morning I wake up and go to this website or click on my theBerry app (also free on iPhone) and browse the Daily Motivation posts. 


Some of my favorites:









All of these and more help me get through each day when it gets difficult.  Not every day is difficult, but when I need that extra push or when I see someone who needs a little lift, I have these on hand to help. 

I hope these two extra motivational options help you along your way, whatever that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment