Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm sorry, hurry up and WHAT NOW?!?!

I love being married to my soldier.  He is everything I could want in a man and everything the Army could want in a soldier.  He is a phenomenal husband, father, friend, and soldier.  But I HATE waiting for him to come home from deployment.

These last 8 months have been hard.  The kids are getting older and they are understanding more of why Daddy isn't home and that he won't be home for a long time.  They know that Mom is in charge now, she's good cop and bad cop, but more often then not, they see the bad cop.  It is difficult to find that balance between good cop and bad cop.  I try every day to see things from a different perspective, especially when the littles act out.  I try to look at the situation and think, "It's because they miss Daddy.  They are testing their boundaries, they are seeing how far they can push me."  But I hate that that is the excuse.  I miss Daddy too, but I'm not going around acting like a crazy mad woman, hitting people, throwing tantrums and being rude to every one.

Thankfully, this deployment is coming to an end and very soon at that.  These last 8 months went by very fast, but these last couple of weeks have been dragging on and on and on.  It is so hard to sit back and wait. This last week I was busy every day.  We had the Holiday Shoppe at the school where the kids all came and shopped for gifts for their family.  It is a really fun time for them and they all loved it.  At the end of each day I was so exhausted I ended up falling asleep super early.  But now, I have nothing to do! What do I do?  I could clean the house and do the laundry, but that only takes so long and then after that I've got nothing left.  I've got lunch with some girlfriends on Monday, but after that, nothing.  NOTHING!

Needless to say, I'm getting restless and I just want my husband home.  It will be a weight lifted off my shoulders and the littles will (crossing my fingers) go back to being themselves again.   Plus, I could totally use a Mommy's Night Out.  I've been missing my Mommy time for the last 8 months.  Don't get me wrong, I've been missing my Husband time too.  Lord knows I could go for an all day cuddle-fest.  But Mommy needs some adult interaction, preferably with some wine in the mix.

Okay, now that I have ranted, I will go back to watching my awesome reality television!

Goodnight all!


No comments:

Post a Comment